Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sophie Kinsella 'The Undomestic Goddess'

This book was the first Sophie Kinsella book I read. I was excited when I found it, just because I liked the title. I felt I could relate ;) I haven't read this book for ages so it was nice to revisit it.

Samantha Sweeting is a lawyer. And not just any lawyer. She is an over-achieving young lawyer at a one of the most prestigious firms in London. This is until the day she makes a mistake so big it wipes out any chance of her succeeding in her chosen career. What is a girl to do? Apparently go wandering into the countryside and land a job as housekeeper despite the fact she can't even boil an egg and has never done the dishes in her life. Therea re ups and downs with the oh-so-hot gardener, his lovely mother, her past life and her well meaning new employers.

A light, happy story that looks at the balance between work and life and considers what really are the important things life as well as a tongue in cheek look at the value of always telling the truth!

I don't think this is Sophie Kinsella's best book, but I certainly enjoyed it! As I said at the beginning, it was the first book of her's that I read and I liked it enough to go and hunt out the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment