Saturday, January 21, 2012

Elizabeth Noble - 'The Reading Group'

I came across Elizabeth Noble just browsing through the chick lit section at a second hand bookshop. I loved the first one I read and I have actively sought out more. 'The Reading Group' did not disappoint. And as I am about to go to my first book club meeting this afternoon I think that aspect of it added a little bit of extra charm for me!

The book is centred around five women who come together to form a book club. The book that they read each months is listed at the beginning of each "month" along with a brief synopsis. I personally am a little inspired to go and read those books now!

While the women are all members of the book club, this is not the focus of the novel. Their respective opinion of each book are briefly discussed. The focus of the book are the women. Two in unhappy marriages - unhappy for very different reasons. One a single mother of older children who may have found true love. The other two facing their own problems of a very different kind.

A lovely novel about friendship, love, books and reminding you that not everything is as it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment