Friday, January 13, 2012

Matthew Reilly 'Seven Ancient Wonders'

I haven't read anything by Matthew Reilly before. I inherited this book from my cousin and co-incidentally, it is also on the 100 book list that I am attempting to read in 1001 days (see tab above!).

It took me a few chapters to get into the story. However once I got through the first few chapters I was hooked. It was unputdownable.

Style wise it is short, snappy and includes lots of diagrams as you go along with the team on a daring adventure. Headed by Captain Jack West Jnr, an Australian ex-SAS officer, there is a team of nine members made up from eight different nations of the world. On a daring mission to find all of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and taking with them a 10 year old girl named Lily. The story is full of twists and turns and villains and bravery and the intrigue and mystery which can only come when you are talking about the ancient world. When you combine this with an action story of warring nations and a battle for ultimate supremacy it is a intriguing combination!

I am looking forward to reading more of Matthew Reilly's books and I am very sorry I have waited so long to do so. Highly recommended for those people who like adventure stories and conspiracy theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment