Friday, January 27, 2012

Matthew Reilly - 'Ice Station'

Once again, it took me a little while to get into this book, this might just be a genre thing for me, but after a few chapters I spent the rest of the book dying to find out what happened next.

Set in Antarctica, a team of US scientists have discovered something buried in ice that is millions of years old. The US clearly wants to keep this discovery quiet, but unfortunately they are not the only ones in Antarctica.

Danger, high speeds, quick thinking and lots of explosions characterise this novel. In a wilderness that looks quiet and serene, but is covering up a hazards at every turn - some existing naturally in Antarctica, but for Lieutenant Shane Schofield many of them are not.

I really enjoyed this book. Recommended for anyone who likes adventure stories. Just pay close attention to the characters and remember they all seem to have more then one name!

2 comments:

  1. the 21 year old guy who works for me is obsessed with MR and made me read some and although I thought I wouldn't like them - they were great. Haven't read Ice Station yet but I just might have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't my favourite (although I liked it). I still can't believe it has taken me sooooo long to read his books. I have even "liked" him on facebook and I don't do that for many authors!

    ReplyDelete