Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sophie Kinsella - 'Remember Me?'

I have read this book lots of times before. But I am home sick with something poxy (literally) and it is the perfect time for re-reading, and for chick lit. Plus my mum has got the new Sophie Kinsella for me for my birthday (but I haven't got it yet) so I am enjoying re-reading old ones in in anticipation.

It is 2005 and Lexi Smart is a 25 year old with a life where everything is not quite right. Bad teeth,  a funeral to go to and a love life and professional life that could do with some improvement. Then Lexi wakes up and it is suddenly 2007. Lexi is now 28, gorgeous, boss of her department and married (to a millionare no less). Unfortunately Lexi has no idea how she got between these two worlds or how she is going to maintain her new persona when she still feels like a bumbling 25 year old. Worse, as she discovers more about her new life she is not sure it is the life she wants to be living.

Funny. Warm. Addictive. I love Sophie Kinsella and this book is great. If you want a book that is going to change the world, this is probably not for you. But if you want a book that will make you smile and take you to a happy place I highly recommend picking up this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment