Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Catherine Alliott - 'The Real Thing'

I picked up my first Catherine Alliott book because there was a line on the front from Marian Keyes saying "one of my favourite authors". I figured I loved Marian Keyes and if this is what she reads it must be good. I was right.

I have read 'The Real Thing' a number of times before and it was the perfect book for me to read after reading so many new, fairly in-depth books. Tess is 30 married to a moderately successful barrister and has two small children, a career-woman sister, overbearing vicar father, slightly eccentric mother, reformed sex-addict cousin and a long lost first love of her life who suddenly comes back into the picture. A family holiday brings a whole heap of issues to life making Tess question whether the life she is living is the life she really wants? And makes her wonder what happened to the hopes and dreams she harboured when she was young. What follows is a journey of family, humour, temptation, betrayal and the quest for happily ever after.

Catherine Alliot's books are romantic, slightly satirical and very humorous. A lovely light read that leaves you with a happy feeling afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment